Get Back Home
Owls of the Eastern Ice with Jonathan Slaght Online
- National Book Award for Nonfiction Longlist 2020
- New York Times Notable Book 2020
- Smithsonian Magazine Best Science Books 2020
- The Times of London Nature Book of the Year 2020
- PEN/E.O. Wilson Science Writing Award finalist 2020
Jonathan Slaght will join us on Zoom to discuss his work, Owls of the Eastern Ice. American researcher and conservationist Slaght takes us to the Primoriye region of Eastern Russia, where we join a small team for late-night monitoring missions, on mad dashes across thawing rivers, drink vodka with mystics, hermits, and scientists, and listen to fireside tales of Amur tigers. Most captivating of all are the fish owls themselves: careful hunters, devoted parents, singers of eerie duets, and irrepressible survivors in a harsh and shrinking habitat.
Registration is required. This program will be offered via Zoom. If you are new to Zoom, see these instructions on how to get started.
- Thursday, April 15, 2021
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Stillwater Public Library
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Registration is required to receive the link to Zoom and attend the program. Registration will remain open until the program begins. You will receive a confirmation email indicating you are registered for the program. One day before the event, you will receive an email reminder with the Zoom meeting link and password. If for some reason you have trouble accessing the Zoom meeting link, please email email@example.com. We will try our best to assist you in getting into the program.